Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pic of the Homestead


Heya fans! Just thought it had been a while since I had posted a work of crayon, and I had time to spare in between knocking billy-goats off of my overpass, so...
Anyhoo, Gav had a good first week of school and Mya had a good first week of full-time daycare; both of them have already begun to show improvement in their speech and have taken the opportunity to unleash their newfound powers against me.
...
I finally got the necessary documents to begin the real process of getting Mya's Birth Certificate, and filed them appropriately. Now all I require is to wait TEN MONTHS for the government to catch up, and she'll officially exist. I mentioned something about McGuinty improving the workings of government again to the helpful worker who has been guiding me through the process, but although she declined to comment (she works for him indirectly) she at least did not disagree. In the meanwhile, I also have been granted the forms necessary to apply for her temporary updated Health Card. This is, of course, not a 'real' Health Card as Mya doesn't currently exist, but in 10 months or so I can start the Health Card application process once again and hopefully get her real Health Card before the temporary one expires at the one year mark.
Of course, all this hinges on McGuinty not making any more improvements in the interim to "deal with" the backlog. If that happens, Mya has another few years to not exist (until election time, when, if there are any brain cells left in Ontario, we'll get a new Premier).
Well, I'm a busy man, so you'll have to deal with a short post.
Ciao for now,
The Impenitent Lexiphage.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

Don't tell Mya that McGinty lost her registration and therefore she's not really a person yet, ok?

5:11 p.m.  
Blogger The Lexiphage said...

It's all me, baby. Any art you see on Lair of the Lexiphage is hand-crafted by yours truly.
Thanks for the compliment.

3:38 p.m.  
Blogger SusanE said...

I got confused and first thought that Gavin drew it.... then I looked closely and figured he probably wasn't quite that political yet.

9:55 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home