Monday, August 7, 2006

The Longest Dry Period Ever

Sorry computer people; apparently I haven't posted for 6 days now, the longest Lexiphage-free period in human history (except of course for before I blogged, but nobody cares about those primitive times).
As a result I have a lot to catch up on, so let's get started:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Fortress of Anger classes have been going well, and I only have two classes left to spend dancing through flowery gardens with sweaty Italian men singing stuff by John Lennon. I'm showing a lot of progress managing my anger because I'm saving it all up for the Crown Attorney responsible for the whole mess. Hee hee!
...
My brand new used washer and dryer ran smoothly for about a month before the motors in both machines apparently burnt out. Now the washer just soaks the clothes and then leaves them in a soggy heap, then the dryer will let the clothes sit in a soggy heap while it blows a bit of warm air on it. So I guess I'll have to return to the heelish nightmare of the Laundromat. Ick!
...
The Insane Ex has been relatively unbothersome and only flaunts the law to harass me on the phone about once a week now, and her Dad, who transports the Smurfs to see her and then lurks around having acid flashbacks, seems to be picking them up steadily once every two weeks or so.
...
Speaking of the Smurfs, Mya sang using words for the first time this week (she sang "ock, ock" to "rock around the clock", more or less in tune) and is becoming familiar enough with the scary stairs to climb down them almost any time she has to, and even to climb upwards a step or two on special occassions. Despite their encounters with pools so far this summer, neither seems fond of the bath yet.
...
Politically, I have been following two subject with some interest- the war (or whatever the Politically Correct Police are calling it this time) in the Middle East and the weather.
The weather is probably the least interesting subject under normal circumstances, but this time is an exception. Newmarket has been hit with three tornado-ish storms in the past couple of weeks, yet there has been virtually no really significant damage. The first one knocked over a half a dozen trees in different areas, and the last one knocked the roof clear off of one house without messing up much of anything else. This suggests to me that Newmarket is being used to test a James Bond style Weather Weapon- this one seems precise enough to take out a house without effecting its neighbours, or one tree out of a copse of several... I am investigating this matter thouroughly. I've been lurking on conspiracy theory websites, and yesterday I asked the guy in dark sunglasses who was following me what he knew about the Focussed Weather Weapon. He pretended he had no idea what I was talking about, but I knew better, so later I tailed him and he went to a hairdressers. A HAIRDRESSERS!!!! If that doesn't constitute proof I don't know what does.
The Middle East Conflict has been garnering my interest because of the following reasons:
1) The Liberals originally sent people to mess around in Afghanistan, but now that they are the opposition apparently Steven Harper somehow engineered the whole thing... obviously if Steven Harper can mess with intellects the likes of Dalton McGuinty and Paul Martin, he can and probably is up to far more convoluted and evil plans, like pitting the Israelis against pretty much everyone, or saving 30 cents on breakfast cereal, or maybe even daring to suggest Martin pay some taxes to Canada instead of the Cayman Islands once in a while. The bastard!
2) If someone (sorry, that should read "when") kidnapped some Canadian soldiers, (like several that are still in prisons around the world right now) the official Canadian policy as I understand it is to ask politely if we can have them back, and if that doesn't work, maybe allow the newspapers to publish a heavily edited account of their plight once or twice in an attempt to fool us into thinking somebody's doing something about it, and then maybe our ambassador with have a light lunch and freindly game of golf with that country's leader, the kidnappers, and Satan. Of course all of them would get a range of grants, subsidies and international aid and no victims would be released, but at least a lot of money would be blown and the ambassador wouldn't be out of pocket.
Isreal's response is to launch rockets at anything that a kidnapper could conceivably be hiding in, whether that be a secret bunker full of terrorists, a building full of schoolkids, or more likely, both. Interesting contrast, no?
...
Well, that's enough giving away what I know for now. Anything else you want to know, you'll either have to ask me in the Comments section or find out for yourselves.
...
Pip-pip, Cheerio, and all that rot,
The Recalcitrant Lexiphage.


2 Comments:

Blogger SusanE said...

I read but strangely I have nothing to say. Rather tired, early mornings and late nights get in the way of my communications skills.

I'm glad Mya is singing with a few words, however inarticulate.

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

Hokey Dinah ... I didn't know all that weird stuff was going on in politics while our hydro has been off .... maybe that was part of the whole conspiracy!

7:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home