Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Slightly busy

Hiya fans!
Thusly the Lexiphage returns, toting his trsuty measuring tape and jar of salsa!
...
Had a busy day today... let's see... I finalized the paperwork (on one end, anyway) for Mya's daycare thingy and hand-delivered the papers to the other end of town; I hand delivered (by that I mean I took stuff there, not removed anyone's liver) more paperwork to Legal Aid, took the kids to McDonald's, went shopping, bought bus tickets, walked halfway across town to avoid waiting for a bus, paid a couple of bills, went shopping again, picked up a magazine from the comic shop my freind owns, took the kids to the doughnut shop for lunch, mailed a letter, returned home, made a dozen or so phone calls, made the kids a snack, and by that time I realized I'd done it all on that infuriating double stroller with the bad wheel, so when Mya went for her nap I finally fixed the wheel on the stroller then I woke Mya up, got the kids some chocolate milk, went to the bank, visited their Gramps, went shopping again, returned home (again), made the kids supper, put the kids to bed and then came down here to check my e-mail... All without a car (even my e-mail!!). I think that's more or less it...
Whew!
I was rather proud of my fix-it job on the stroller; I drilled a hole through the axle with a potato peeler (that took me an hour or so) then secured the wheel back on with a section of a cow's leg bone and glued it in place with rubber from an old pair of shoes I melted on the stove. To really make sure I used a whole bottle of superglue and a couple of nails as well. Then the wheel wouldn't turn, so I attached a ski under that corner instead. It makes a lot of scraping sounds, but it's less annoying than the rickety wheel.
Mya starts daycare tomorrow, so I have to make sure she's on time for her first day... of course I started things off well so far by getting them to bed an hour late, but I suppose that's the price I pay for productivity. On the up side, once I get through this busy streak I'll have a few hours three times a week to lounge around on the porch getting drunk on a combination of rubbing alcohol and linseed oil.
Well, I'm gonna go and have my habitual evening coffee before I fill in the last of Mya's paperwork and fall asleep on the toilet.
Bye bye all,
The Nugatory Lexiphage.

5 Comments:

Blogger SusanE said...

Did you have potatoes for supper?

9:23 p.m.  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

You are so innovative!! A potato peeler and melted shoe rubber .... incredible. LOL!

Can't wait to hear about the rubbing alcohol and linseed oil.

I think the "delivered" clarification was my favourite ... I'm still laughing and snorting!

1:42 p.m.  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

Nugatory! Does every post of your have to involve a trip to the dictionary! (It is a good word)

1:50 p.m.  
Blogger The Lexiphage said...

I tried to have potatoes but kept having to spit out the metal filings. The rubbing alcohol and linseed oil worked out well, and I can now clean the toilet when I pee.

3:02 p.m.  
Blogger SusanE said...

That's a great trick. Maybe I'll try that.... what a skill.

8:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home