Sunday, June 11, 2006

Crazy People part 3

Salutations, fellow plebians; it is I the Lexiphage.
...
So I went to the infamous Granny's Cottage for a day and a half, and luckily the blackflies were under control; I can only assume that the insidious forces which constantly shadow my slightest move removed them for their own convenience prior to following me up there. Well, there may be another explanation but that's the most entertaining one. Highlights of the weekend included a campfire marshmallow roast, breakfast burritos, and various self-destructive elements of my familia leaping into water which was of a temperature clearly suitable for preserving food (assuming a clear, waterproof container, of course, but that's another story). My son Gavin had his first experience sailing, and despite his difficulties with speech managed to say "want to go on boat" the next day, in many variations.
Now, back to the 'Crazy People' storyline...
...
As an aside, just because I refer to it as a storyline doesn't mean it isn't true. I do use a bit of creative license for drama's sake, but I'm writing this, so I have...er... license. Stop interrupting me!
...
So I get a call from the ex's aunt, finally filling me in on the escapades of said ex (I grit my teeth at this point). Last I heard she was heading for Stouffville and out of meds... apparently now she's much more lucid and living at a group home in Bradford. How long this is supposed to last, I have no idea, but at least she apparently has an address. Theoretically she is planning to go to a shrink to get officially declared sane so she can have greater access to the kids, but in the meanwhile, her Dad taking them to see her will now theoretically resume. Theoretically.
...
Forgive me if I do not hold my breath.
...
Anyhoo, so there are vague possibilities things may actually work out in a relatively normal fashion, assuming God doesn't have it in for me. Regardless of how things turn out in that respect, most other aspects of my life seem to be working themselves out and with my life clearing up a little I am hoping to have more time to complain about the government and be paranoid.
Until next time,
The Sisyphean Lexiphage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home