Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The heat

Hiya everyone. The Lexiphage once again reporting live from a hole under a bridge.
I suppose everyone has mentioned this, but I just wanted to point out that it was hotter than a guatemalan jalapeno in the Devil's microwave today. My two kids and I sat in the house most of the day on a giant sponge I had to wring out every twenty minutes. Unlike everyone else, however, I have a point I'd like to make about the heat. Two points, actually.
ONE: Anyone who complains about the heat had better shut up this February. It either is a law or should be, that all citizenry of our humble oligarchy have the right to complain about only one season. So pick one and stick with it! That way you have more time to complain about the government, which brings me to my second point.
TWO: I am convinced that the heat is somehow Dalton McGuinty's fault. If you don't believe me, stop and think for a minute: since the Honourable Mr. McGuinty (oops, I'm sorry... I think a small H should have been sufficient) took office exactly what has happened in Ontario that WASN'T his fault? Essentially every profession has been on strike despite the fact that weiner boy is supposed to be of a party that kisses up to public service agencies, union bosses (mostly), big business types AND the poor (generally anyone who asks for money). To fix public health care he's dumped extra taxes on us, kicked around a bunch of nurses, told us we aren't qualified to tell an optometrist we can't see, and now he's telling pharmacists they shouldn't be allowed to make money any more. Really, if he didn't give the order to triple our production of greenhouse gasses in some weird Kyoto-like attack of quasi-logic, it's only because the Lebanese telephone psychic he gets all of his ideas from hasn't got around to that yet. Regardless of whether it really is his fault or not, why bother expending all the energy a serious investigation would require? Even if he's found with the bloddy knife in his hand like Chretien and Martin, he'll probably get away with acting stupid and issuing a vague and insincere apology anyway. Come to think of it, that kind of describes his administration already. My point is, why bother? Do what I do and play the odds. What are the chances anything ISN'T his fault?
...
Besides which, if it isn't his fault it might be mine.
...
Happy Sweating,
Sincerely,
The Pedantic Lexiphage.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

Weiner Boy???? LOL!!!

5:22 a.m.  
Blogger SusanE said...

who is "weiner boy"?

8:17 a.m.  
Blogger blah blah blah said...

mum try reading it again... Seems pretty obvious who weiner boy is.... Maybe you should read slower next time ... LMAO

8:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home