Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blind Faith in Democracy

Hiya everyone.
...
So it seems a lot of you were expecting a blog from me prior to the federal election... I thought very heavily about it, however, it came down to the fact that, as you know, if I cannot offer a positive course of action I prefer to refrain entirely from desparaging comments. Since ther is no possible course of action for you now, I can offer lots of desparagement without fear of kharmic reprisal.
...
Let's look at Canada's political parties one at a time and you may see my dilemma:
The Conservative Party of Canada & Stephen Harper:
Stephen Harper is a dink. He breaks promises on a fairly regular basis after campaigning originally on a platform of accountability. His one saving grace is that being somewhat fiscally responsiblish it will take him quite a while to plunge the country into chaos, and before then we'll have another election.
Stephane Dion & the Liberal Party:
Dion is an idiot. I'm not talking about his mediocre English. Follow this one: What is the difference between $56 billion and $40 billion? According to Dion, nothing. See, his Green Shift is supposed to be have a zero cost, because, having increased our tax base by $40 billion in Green Shift taxes, he will then reduce our income taxes by $56 billion, which, for some reason, will not leave us $16 billion in the hole. On top of which, he has a gigantic bag of election goodies which apparently will not raise this $16 billion to a larger number. He does admit ther emay be a possibility he'll run a deficit. Well duh!
Jack Layton and the NDP:
I may have mentioned that bit about Layton being in Toronto council and protesting against himself and his cronies by hiring OCAP nut jobs to throw bricks at cops. This sort of behaviour maaaaybe isn't what we need at the top of the country. 'Nuff said.
Gilles Duceppe and the Bloc Quebecois:
As should be obvious, this party's stated purpose is to pillage the rest of Canada of every last wheedling thing for the good of Quebec, and then continue to use our currency and have us send them transfer payments. Yeah. Right.
Whatsername and the Green Party:
Yeah, I know I should know her name. I ain't gonna vote for these guys because their whole premise on reducing GG emissions (their whole reason d'etre) is a cap and trade system. This means the following: Big Evil Polluting Company (BEPC, inc) has a limit put on the amount they pollute. For every ton of pollution they produce, they must pay soem money to a non-polluting company (NPC, inc). When BEPC sees this they will apparently decide NOT to purchase the pollution credits from NPC... if they do, they will NOT decide to raise their prices to compensate, and as a result the consumer will NOT be the only one who loses money on the deal... and pollution will magically disappear. Of course Big Evil won't take the easy way out at no effective cost to them... they're not that evil! Honest! Uh-huh.
The Christian Heritage Party:
Look, I'm a good(ish) Christian boy as much as the next guy, but the goofy religious paranoia which pervades this country right now is akin to McCarthyism, and admitting that you did something you thought Jesus would do is roughly the same politically as saying you are in a sexual relationship with both Hitler and an HIV positive kangaroo, and that you go out Thursday nights to eat live babies and smoke crack. Until people put down the pitchforks and calm down, this party is doomed to fringe types and protest votes. Sorry Aunt V.
Not Voting:
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.
...
So, ultimately while I voted, I didn't like doing it.
...
McGuinty is up to his usual goofiness working on a 'smart-card' driver's license which doubles as a passport for crossing the US border. Of course, they found the lowest bidder and signed up for a pass designed for transporting goods and livestock, which apparently can't be used to differentiate one face from another. I'm sure Homeland Security will be thrilled, as will the Joe Taxpayer when he is mistakenly barred from the USD in case he is carrying Mad Cow disease.
...
Well, I'd love to stay and chat but I'm a busy guy; I have tons of pointless paperwork Weiner Boy wants me to fill out so he can file it under 'G'; I have to lead some Men in Balck on a flase trail away from the Lair, and I am looking into designs for my power windmill.
Fare thee well,
the Contrapuntal Lexiphage

3 Comments:

Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

I'm glad to hear you voted ... it earns you the right to criticize the morons. Seems you had the same dilemma as most thinking people.

5:54 a.m.  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

Weiner Boy just announced to the public that "Ontario is doing fine Economically"....(like we the public and business owners agree with his stupid lies)...I heard it on 680...I knew Lex would need this info.

1:52 p.m.  
Blogger PRINCE CHARMING said...

Well thats the best way i've ever heard it summed up lol

4:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home