Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Full of Technological Utopian Goodness

Hello everyone, I'm back again. Less than two months despite the court order barring me from computers, political commentary or voting.
...
Just a short post today. I know I say that and then ramble on for 13 pages, but I really mean it this time, just a small observation and I'll be out of your hair.
...
Once my point is made, then I'll shut up, because there's no point talking about something once your point is made. So I'll say my bit, and then end this post, satisfied of a job well done.
...










...
And after than I'll sign off. Just one little message.
...







One. That's it.
...

Anyhoo, I was at Canadian Tire today, where I selected a couple of packages of tin foil I was going to use to make a helmet to resist mind control. Confident in my formidable knowledge of metallurgy I approached the cashier, counting out nickels I keep in a hollowed out Pontiac muffler, when I noticed the aisle I was in was cashierless. Undaunted, I proceeded to the next aisle, which was also displaying an extremely low employee density. And similarly the third aisle was entirely bereft of customer service representatives.
So I went to the Customer Service counter. This also was notably unpopulated. A moments reconnoiter confirmed the truth: there were no cashiers of any kind. There were, however, four of those automatic teller doohickeys which the Circle of Evil have been trying to replace human cashiers with. Also, there is a person standing there whose job apparently, is not Customer Service or Sales, but rather supervising the customers to ensure they cashier for themselves.
...
Hmmm.... I thought.
Now, I hate to be jumping up and down shrieking 'I told you so' or, 'I knew it, Ragnorok is upon us!' so I kept such statements to a minimum. I tried to explain to the Customer Supervisor that I did not wish to use her infernal blasphemous mechanized abominations, and -this is the part that really gets me- she began to defend the bloody machines which were replacing her! At that point I gave up trying to smack some sense into the poor deluded automaton and with regret I rang my own stuff through. Can't say I'll be returning anytime soon to aid in Canadian Tire's systematic assault on our economy however.
...
It is sometimes disturbing to me how bloody right I am.
...
Anyhoo, thought it was an important fact that the Socioeconomic Collapse is proceeding according to plan... for those who don't read my older rantings, the short version is that our country's jobs are primarily service industry stuff... once the cashiers have been replaced, there goes about 40% of our job market... you can now find automatic tellers in hardware, grocery and banking industries, and as they catch on this movement is only going to accelerate. And in most of these professions they have somehow brainwashed the very employees they are outmoding with this stuff to endorse the very instruments of their own financial demise! The government is saying the recession is over, but there is no way in hell- we're just in a short pause. Combine that with rediculously high credit balances, iron fisted oligopolies on oil, banking, the media (especially television) and manufacturing and the massive rise of jobs based on servising other industries, we have a looming depression which will make the Great Depression look, well, great by comparison.
...
That's it.
...
So help stave off this nonsense. Don't use the infernal machines when a human alternative is available. Perhaps we can delay this or even turn it around, although with the idiots we currently have running things I'd be surprised.
In the meanwhile I have to go accelerate my plans to deal with the Circle of Evil, which will require nearly 18 tonnes of itching powder in very tiny paper packages. It'll keep me busy for a while.
Have a nice day, :)
The Prognostic Lexiphage.
...
P.S.: See, I kept to my point! I can do that!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

I'm surprised to hear there was no live cashiers. You'd think they'd have both!!

The itching powder idea has me intrigued. LOL

6:44 a.m.  
Blogger Cherylinn said...

I confess I do use the self checkout only because they are so much quicker than the boneheads that they seem to have on cash in any store. If they had to count out change they couldn't do it. At least the machines so far have not failed me. And I do check my change.
But regardless they should a human cashier there as well. I won't shop in the Newmarket Canadian Tire because every department in that store has the rudest and most clueless bunch of individuals there could ever be. It must be mandatory to work there.

7:57 a.m.  
Blogger Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Homee is definately proud of your stance against these human replacement items which we have none in Kenora. The issue at hand is - have you checked the number of help wanted ads against the unemployment figures? This may also be a clue to our demise. Get off your butts folks - take a job.

OK thats my Rant

HD

9:12 a.m.  
Blogger Laurence Hunt said...

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the automated customer. Surely we can arrange for robots to do our shopping for us. Why should there be any humans in the store at all? Then humans will... hmmm. Not too sure. Maybe write blogs?

1:49 a.m.  
Blogger Fiddling Granny said...

And we're still fighting this!

4:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home